Advantages of Female Sterilization (Spaying):
- Elimination of being in heat. No more spotting in the home or attracting males. It also eliminates animal anxiety and groans/meows of cats caused by their cycle.
- It completely eliminates the possibility of matings resulting in unwanted puppies/kittens.
- Eliminates psychological pregnancies that occur in some females after their heat.
- Prevents uterine infections and ovarian cysts, while reducing the incidence of breast tumors.
Advantages of Sterilization in Males (Neutering):
- Eliminates animal sex, and the mounting of other animals and humans.
- Eliminates anxiety and frustration when they detect a female in heat, avoiding in many cases the desire to escape and wander away from home. Ultimately improving the quality of life of the animal.
- Reduces or eliminates the aggression toward other males.
- Reduces (especially in cats) tagging the home with urine.
- Positively influences prostate diseases and other diseases (some skin conditions , etc.).
- After the operation the animals are no longer fertile, thus preventing the emergence of unwanted animals likely to be abandoned .